5 Tips for Growing Your Twitter Account to Gain a Following
Everyone is on social media these days. One of the most popular social media sites is Twitter. This is a place where you can follow brands, bloggers and another people who are posting about their day, their links or whatever is on their mind. Twitter restricts you to a 140 character limit and moves very fast. If you have a website or brand you should be on Twitter. Not only can you promote yourself there you can interact with your customers as well as potential ones.
With Twitter, you will need to be growing your followers and doing so in a smart way so that you and your brand can get the most out of what Twitter has to offer.
Here are 5 tips on growing your Twitter account to gain a following:
1. Start an account. Pick a specific topic. If you own a specific business, your account will be about that business. If not, think of a specific topic you want your Twitter account to be about. This will allow you to niche down your audience and make it so people know what you are about. Then they can follow you if you talk about something they are into. For example, if you are really into reading books and start an account about books, you will get natural followers who love to talk about books. too
2. Start following people. You will need to start following people on Twitter. That is what you are supposed to do but make sure the people you follow will want to follow you back. Following celebrities and big brands can be a lot of fun but these guys are not going to be following you back. You want to search using keywords that have to do with your business or brand. You want people to see that you followed them and know right away that you are an account that they would want to follow back too.
3. Tweet Often. You need to start tweeting and you need to tweet often, several times during the day. One idea is to make a plan to be on there two-three times a day for about ten minutes each session. This won’t take too much out of your schedule and doing so will help you grow. You don’t want to just tweet about your business. You want to interact with others and make the most of your time. Answer questions and comment on what other people are talking about. Doing so means you make you active on twitter and more followers will come your way. You will also start to recognize some of your followers and be able to come across as a real person to them.
4. Retweet Often. When you retweet someone else’s tweets, they will notice and this will help you grow. Some people will follow you back just because you did that. Retweet things you enjoy that you think your followers will love and enjoy too. If you are active on Twitter, others will start to retweet you and that will help you grow too. Retweeting and liking other people’s posts is a great way to say that you are enjoying what they are putting out into Twitter and that will be reciprocated too.
5. Take Twitter Seriously. Setting up an account and following people is the easy part. In order to really grow your Twitter account, you will need to be on Twitter on a regular basis, come up with a good plan and stick with what you are doing. If you go silent, you will lose out on the benefits that Twitter can bring you and your brand. You want to be consistent and if you are, you will start to see growth. You can’t expect to go from 1 follower to 10,000 overnight. If you work at growing your Twitter account, you will start to do so and that will help get you to where you want to be with your social media.
Whatever your reasons for growing your Twitter account, getting started on the right path is a good idea. You want to be successful and see your followers grow. Your brand and business will benefit from doing so and you will be able to make more money in the long run.
Are you on Twitter? Come find me. I am @bloggingjulie over there 🙂